Black Bean & Sweet Potato Quesadillas w/ Mashed Avocado
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- olive oil
- flour tortillas
- cheese or vegan cheese (optional)
- jalapenos (optional)
2. Add olive oil, black beans, cut up bell pepper, garlic, and onion to a pan and heat thoroughly until onion is slightly tender. Mix in cumin and turmeric and some salt. Once sweet potato is cooked, add to the pan and mix together. Put all in a bowl and put aside.
3. Add olive oil to your pan and take 1 tortilla at a time putting ingredients from your bowl + chopped cilantro on half of the tortilla topped with a little cheese if desired. Fold the tortilla in half and brown on both sides. Make as many as you wish.
4. In a small bowl add 1 avocado cut up in small pieces, pinch of salt, and lime juice from half of a lime. Mash and mix together until it’s creamy.
5. Top each crispy tortilla with the mashed avocado, cilantro, salsa and jalapenos. Enjoy!